Thursday 3 April 2014

Something About Jesus

Something about Jesus
“At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure. 
“All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. 
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
                                          Matthew 11:25-30.
Here are three interesting statements by Jesus. First,
“At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.”
I find quite often that well educated people scientist in particular cannot accept there is a God. Some scientist for example look into the heavens, see the stars, the galaxies and the magnificence of the universe.
They have devised complicated mathematical formulas to predict the movements of the heavens and the earth and they say its all by chance.
They look at the microscopic things and say the same.
They fail to see the beauty of creation is the fact that it is mathematically linked. From the largest galaxy to the smallest part of the atom. All are linked by some mathematical formula.
Scientist may not have figured it all out yet. But I think they agree that everything is linked.
This to me proves there is a creator behind it all.
Yet the learned men and women of this world still refuse to agree with it.
While the average person perhaps not encumbered with the same tunnel vision can accept more freely by faith that God created everything and thus allows those learned men to be able to figure out those mathematical formulas that link everything.
Second Jesus says,
“All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."
Here Jesus points out the only God himself can comprehend the fullness of Jesus. We as mere humans can have a personal relationship and enjoy close fellowship with Jesus. We can embrace him as Lord and Saviour. Never the less we are limited by our humanness.
Jesus does reveal himself to us as we accept him as Lord and Saviour but we are still and always will be this side of heaven limited in our ability to fully understand the true magnificence of Jesus.
Thirdly Jesus states,
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
He makes a call out to all mankind to come to him for in him is rest.
I believe that if we truly enter into a personal relationship with Jesus we do have rest. I’ve experienced it in my own life.
Over the sixty years I’ve been alive I’ve lived through a lot. My son nearly dying when he was young. My house burning to the ground taking with it all my families and my earthly possessions in less than thirty minutes almost killing my family.
I’ve gone through cancer and had large blood clots on my lungs that have almost killed me. And I live with Bipolar affective disorder
While I may have had a few moments of worry. I can honestly say that God was there for me, giving me comfort as I went through it all.
I have found that Jesus Yoke is easy and his burden light.
I have found that He is always their no matter the circumstances. All I have to do is turn to Him in prayer and he will guide me through what ever life throws at me both in good times and in bad.
Where does Jesus figure in your life?
Think about it.

No comments: