Tuesday 22 April 2014

The Great Commission

The Great Commission

“Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go.  
When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted.  
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” 
                                Matthew 28:16-20
This is why we Christians do as we do. We are called by our Lord and Saviour to go into all the world and tell all who will listen about the Salvation that can only come through Jesus Christ.
We are to teach what Jesus taught.
Jesus said
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.  
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.”
                          John 3:16-18
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” 
                                       Matthew 11:28-30
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 
         John 14:6
This is the message we have for the world. In Jesus God reached down to man. We did not have to earn our salvation. The apostle Paul writing,
“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—  not by works, so that no one can boast.” 
Ephesians 2:8,9
And the writer of Hebrews writing,
“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”
Hebrews 11:6
Faith being
“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” 
      Hebrews 11:1
Think about it.

No comments: