Tuesday 3 March 2015

Creation

Creation

“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.”                                                                   Genesis 1:1.
This is what I believe. God created the heavens and the earth. Whether he created it using the big bang or some other method I do not care. It’s unimportant to my faith.
Whether it took us six billion years, six thousand years or six days is unimportant to my faith.
The bible states,
“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.”
                                                                                                            Hebrews 11:1. 
Creation is one a faith thing with me but not blind faith.
The Psalmist wrote,
“The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.” 
                                                                                                                                  Psalm 19:1
I see a universe from the largest galaxies to the smallest microbes and atoms all governed by laws. There is no randomness in nature. The universe is mathematically perfect.
Where it seems like randomness I think it’s just a case that man has not found the formula or the pattern. There is a lot man has yet to learn.
The lack of randomness and perfect order of the universe tells me there is a God of creation.
By that same faith I believe that Jesus is the incarnation of God. The Bible stating,
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  
He was with God in the beginning. 
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made....
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.”
                                                                                                John 1:1-3,14.
As I look into the heavens, study science and read the Bible I am amazed at how they compliment each other. Keeping in mind especially that the Bible is a book of faith not intended to be used as a science book.
I believe those who believe in God, Jesus Christ and the Bible have no fear of science because I believe good science will point to the existence of God.
At the beginning of this article I’ve put a picture of the earth taken from the space probe Voyager. It has travelled further in space than any man made object. At this point it is beyond the solar system.
From trillions of kilometres away N.A.S.A. turned its cameras around and took the picture.
As I look at it I am amazed and humbled that the God of creation did consider every individual human being on that “mote of dust” as Carl Sagan put it, worthy of his personal love.
C. S. Lewis wrote,
“He died not for men, but for each man. If each man had been the only man made, He would have done no less.” 
                                            C.S. Lewis
Jesus died for me as an individual and he died for you.
Jesus wants to have a personal relationship with your dear reader. Would you open your heart and mind to Him today?
Please think about it.

No comments: