Friday 6 March 2015

Many will say

Many will say

"Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’  
Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ 
                                                                                                                       Matthew 7:22,23

For me I am very cautious when some preacher or evangelist starts saying such and such prophesies are being fulfilled.
Here in North America it seems to be the wild west when it comes to ministers and evangelist especially of a charismatic or Pentecostal bent. There is no real oversight on these people they make wild claims that don’t come about.
I remember one gentleman that started sprouting from his soap box in the media that there was going to be calamity when the year 2000 came about. The computers were going to go wild.
He and many like him had Christians believing the world was going to slip into some kind of turmoil.
Some people at the church I was attending at the time asked me in all seriousness if I was stocking up on water and food. For when the computers caused the electrical system to fail.
I smiled and said I had a two bottles of water in my fridge and intended to cook my turkey as normal in my electric oven.
I was right there was no massive break down. Sadly however the church never came out and held the false prophets to account for their errors. These false prophets never gave the money back they made from the books they sold.
Had they been in Old Testament times they’d have been stoned. We let them off without even a word of admonition, to more than likely prophesy falsely again.
Even as I write this there is some garbage being spouted about the “Blood Moons” don’t be fooled folks. Blood moons have happened before on Jewish festivals and important holidays. It’s bound to happen. The Jewish calendar is based on the lunar year so blood moons have happened before on Jewish holidays.
And for the record they have never happened during a major event. They occurred after the Spanish inquisition. The never occurred during the most monumental event in Jewish history the holocaust of world war two.
That being said I think as I see it, it’s a waste of time and money trying to predict when Christ will return. It’s a kin to reading tea leaves.
Instead of sending money to some evangelist who thinks he is predicting the return of Christ or some major event, instead of buying books on prophesy, sent the money to a missionary who is reaching out to the lost. Give it to your home church for missions and local outreach. It will do far more good.
After all Jesus said,
“Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” 
                                                                       Matthew 28:18-20.
The most noble thing a Christian can do in their life is introduce someone to their Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Not attempt to see the future.
Think about it.

No comments: