Tuesday 8 December 2015

Who can get to heaven?

Who can get to heaven?
“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” 
                                                                                        Psalm 139:13-16.
Someone trying to put me on the spot in front of my pastor and others, asked me, “Can a Gay man get to heaven.”
I quoted the above verses from Psalm 139. It says,
“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” 
                                                                                        Psalm 139:13-16.
I informed the man that God knows us intimately that according to the Psalmist God created our inmost being. The He knitted us together in our mothers womb. To me that means God knows our very genetic code and what makes us, us.
God does not discriminate against anyone be they gay or strait, from Canada or from anywhere else in the world. God Loves all people equally and knows why they are like they are.
When Jesus said,
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
                                                 John 3:16.
He did not put limits on God’s love. He did not discriminate between races or sexual orientation. He simply said, “whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
So yes anyone can get to heaven. They simply have to listen to the words of Jesus who gives all people everywhere a choice when He said,
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.  Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son”. 
                                                                                                                              John 3:16-18.
The apostle Paul wrote,
“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—  not by works, so that no one can boast.” 
                                                                         Ephesians 2:8,9.
Salvation is a free gift from God open to all who will believe in Jesus Christ no matter who they are.
Please think about it.

No comments: