Sunday 20 December 2015

Why Christians do

Why Christians do
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  
and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” 
                        Matthew 28:19,20.
We Christians believe that we have the most important message ever given to mankind the way to heaven.
We believe that you can know here and now in this life that you are going to heaven.
First of all the apostle Paul writes,
“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—  not by works, so that no one can boast.” 
                                                                Ephesians 2:8,9.
Christians believe that God reached down to man offering him the gift of eternal life free of charge.
The apostle Paul writing to the Romans,
“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” 
Romans 5:8.
Christians believe that man could never be good enough to have fellowship with Him. As a result God sent Jesus to die for our sins. Thus showing mankind how far in human terms He would go to reconcile man to Himself.
Christians believe we must confess our sins, our short comings to God. Sinning is simply falling short of what God would have for our lives.
The apostle John wrote,
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.  
If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.” 
1John 1:9-10.
Christians believe that accepting Christ into one’s life is as simple as a prayer like this.
Dear Heavenly Father
I know that I am a sinner and fall short of what you would have for my life. Please forgive me.
I believe Jesus is you one and only Son who died for my sins.
Please come into my life today and guide me from this day forward.
Amen.
If you prayed this prayer, then I would suggest you get a bible and starting in the New Testament read all about Jesus and what the early church and the true church today believes.
Find a good church congregation one who believes the Bible is the inspired word of God. Talk to the pastor of the church congregation and ask him any questions you may have.
As these blogs are read around the world. I cannot recommend a specific church. However I do recommend Baptist churches as they from my experience have a consistent message and form of worship.
What I would however ask is that whether you prayed the prayer above or not. I would ask that over this Christmas season you visit a church near you. Take time to read about Jesus and make your own decision about Him.
Please think about it.

No comments: