Monday 25 April 2016

The Way

The Way

“Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?” 
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.  
If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” 
Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.” 
Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?  
Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.  
Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.”
                                                John 14:5-11.
Hear Jesus makes a statement that makes it clear who he is.
Jesus said,
1/ Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”  
2/ “Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father...”
3/ “I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me”
4/ “The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.”
These are basic beliefs of Christianity. Christians base their faith on the fact that Jesus is the One and Only Son of God. God incarnate.
We believe what the apostle Paul said,
“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” 
Romans 5:8
Jesus died for us even though we were sinners separated from Him. As C. S. Lewis puts it,
“The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us.” 
                                           C.S. Lewis
We believe what Simeon said as recorded in the book of Luke.
“Simeon took him in his arms and praised God, saying: 
“Sovereign Lord, as you have promised, you now dismiss your servant in peace. 
For my eyes have seen your salvation, which you have prepared in the sight of all people, a light for revelation to the Gentiles and for glory to your people Israel.” 
                                                                                                  Luke 2:28-32.
Jesus is God’s salvation, for all people. A light to show Gentiles (non-Jews) the way to heaven. And to glorify the People of Israel.
  We Christians believe the apostle Paul who wrote,
“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—  not by works, so that no one can boast.” 
                                                                     Ephesians 2:8,9.
It is by the grace of God we get to heaven not our works. Our salvation is an act of faith. The writer of Hebrews stating,
“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” 
                                                                                                                          Hebrews 11:1
“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”
                                                                                                         Hebrews 11:6
  We also believe in what Jesus said when speaking of him self he said,
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.  
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son”. 
                                                                                                            John 3:16-18.
We believe God showed his love for each individual by sending His One and Only Son down to earth to save us from our sins.
In doing so he offers all people everywhere the opportunity to enter heaven by simply believing Jesus is The Saviour of man. The one and Only Son of God.
The choice however is up to the individual.
Will you pray and ask Jesus into your heart and life today. Will you accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour?
The choice is up to you. It requires nothing more than a simple prayer like this.
Dear Heavenly Father
I believe Jesus is your one and Only Son. That He came to earth to pay the price for my sins. I admit that I am a sinner and ask your forgiveness in the name of Jesus.
Please Lord Jesus come into my heart and life right now. Show me your ways and direct my life from this day forward.
                           Amen.
If you truly believe Jesus is the Son of God, the Saviour of Man and have prayed that prayer, I would ask that you start praying directly to God and reading the Bible. Ask God to direct you to a good church congregation.
Even if you don’t believe in Jesus I would ask that you at least visit a church and learn more about Jesus. Talk to the pastor of the church and ask him any questions you might have.
An honest pastor will readily answer all the questions you have.
I recommend that you visit a Baptist Church as I have found them to be well balanced, knowledgeable, and firmly rooted in the basics of Christianity.
Please think about it.

No comments: