Saturday 16 April 2016

Your Faith

Your Faith.
Job said,
“Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him; I will surely defend my ways to his face.”  
                                                                                                                                      Job 13:15.
When I read this verse from the book of Job I couldn’t help but think Job had what my Jewish friends called “chutzpah”.
Job was so confident in his faith and his actions with respect to God that he was willing to defend himself directly to God’s face. That takes confidence!
I wonder how many of us have that kind of confidence in our faith. Are we as secure in our faith in our actions toward God as Job obviously was?
Think carefully about your life and lifestyle. Only you truly know you.
It has been said each individual has many faces. There is the face we present to the world in general. The face most people see. The one they know us by.
Then there is the face we let our true friends see. A face with a few flaws and foibles , flaws and foibles our friends accept, even like.
Then there is the face that only you see. It is comprised of all you are. Your imperfections, your fears, likes and dislikes. It is your inner being that is truly you. This is what only you and God see.
When you stand before God. When he looks at your life. At all you were as a person what will he say.
Job was so confident that he’d lived a life acceptable to God that he could say,
“Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him; I will surely defend my ways to his face.”  
                                                                                                                                           Job 13:15.
While it is true we are saved through the grace of God. Through faith in Christ Jesus, and true believers in Christ have their sins washed away. Thus allowing them to enter heaven. Christians will still be judged by God with respect to our actions in this life.
So what will God say about your life.
Having faith in God and accepting the saving Grace Christ offers should only be a beginning for Christians. Our faith should spur us on to do good works for Christ.
James the half brother of Christ wrote,
“What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him?  
Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food.  
If one of you says to him, “Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?  
In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. 
But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.  
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder. 
You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?” 
                                                                                                                  James 2:14-20. 
 What are you doing for God. Are your actions pleasing to God? Could you stand like Job was willing to do and say, “Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him; I will surely defend my ways to his face.”  
  Please think carefully about it.

No comments: