Friday 7 April 2017

I make no excuses

I make no excuses
I make no excuses I am a Christian I believe the Bible.
I believe the words of the Apostle Paul who said,
“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—  not by works, so that no one can boast.” Ephesians 2:8,9
I believe the words of Jesus recorded in John’s Gospel who said,
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.” John 3:16,17.
I believe the writer of Hebrews who wrote,
“In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.  
The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.” Hebrews 1:1-3.
All of what I believe take faith. The writer of Hebrews telling us,
“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for 
and certain of what we do not see.” 
                                                                                     Hebrews 11:1
“And without faith it is impossible to please God,
 because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists 
and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” 
                                                                                              Hebrews 11:6.
I know what I believe may to some seem foolish even the apostle Paul said,
“For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, 
but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.” 
                                                                                         1 Corinthians 1:18.
However as foolish as it seems I believe Jesus is the Son of God, The Saviour of Mankind. I admit many people will not agree with me. That is their choice. Each individual I believe must read the New Testament for themselves and decide who Jesus is. Christ will never force himself on anyone.
Thus the choice is your’s. Who do you believe Jesus to be?
Please think about it

No comments: