Monday 10 April 2017

My Faith

My Faith
John’s Gospel states,
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  
He was with God in the beginning. 
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.  
In him was life, and that life was the light of men....
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. ” John 1:1-4,14.
The phrase “The Word” is accepted by scholars as meaning Jesus.
The apostle John and all the writers of the New Testament believed Jesus to be God in the flesh. That Jesus was not only there on the day of Creation. That he was the creator of all things.
Admittedly I cannot prove this scientifically however I believe it. It is a faith thing and the writer of Hebrews states,
“Now faith is being sure of what we hope 
for and certain of what we do not see.”  
                                                                                     Hebrews 11:1
The way I see things my faith is no different from that of Albert Einstein or any of the great scientist. Most postulated their theories and believed in them even though in their lifetime they were not proven.
     They believed in their theory even though it was met quite often with controversy. Ultimately they were vindicated. Other scientist quite often after their death went on to prove their theories.
So it is with me and Christians like me. I believe after my death, my faith will be proven for I will meet my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. If I am wrong as Atheist say I am I have lost nothing, and lived a good rewarding life.
Blaise Pascal wrote,
“Belief is a wise wager. Granted that faith cannot be proved, what harm will come to you if you gamble on its truth and it proves false? If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing. Wager, then, without hesitation, that He exists.” Blaise Pascal.
Question: Are you willing to wager you eternity on what you believe?
Please think about it.

No comments: