Wednesday 12 April 2017

Rest for your Soul

Rest for your soul
“I have seen all the things that are done under the sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind.”Ecclesiastes 1:14
Over the years I have met many men and women who are looking for meaning in life. They have looked for that meaning in wealth, in science, in the arts, even in drugs and alcohol. Some have even gone off to join extremists and terrorist groups all in the hopes of finding meaning for their lives.
Sadly many unable to find meaning in the things of this life and what our secular society has to offer have committed suicide.
They concluded that what the writer of Ecclesiastes stated was right when he said,
“I denied myself nothing my eyes desired; I refused my heart no pleasure. My heart took delight in all my work, and this was the reward for all my labor. 
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun.” Ecclesiastes 2:10,11.
And looking at life from man’s prospective. From a secular prospective where all there is, is this life, I can see how someone would think that way.
However Rick Warren said,
“You were made by God and for God, 
and until you understand that, 
life will never make sense.” 
                                                                                     Rick Warren.
Rick Warren is right until you understand that you were made by God and for God life will never make sense.
It is when we realize that life does not end in death. That man is an eternal being who was created by God to live on through eternity and to have a personal relationship with Him that we can truly find meaning in life.
Jesus said,
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30.
Jesus offers to all who will believe in him rest and peace. A peace that reaches to a persons soul. A peace the world cannot take away.
It is a peace that anyone can have if they would simply turn to Jesus in prayer and truly ask Him into their life.
Are you willing to ask Jesus into your life today?
Please think about it.

No comments: