Saturday 15 April 2017

Jesus and You

Jesus and You
The Writer of Hebrews states,
“In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.  
The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.” Hebrews 1:1-3.
The apostle John writes,
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  
He was with God in the beginning. 
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.  
In him was life, and that life was the light of men....
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. ” John 1:1-4,14.
Christians believe Jesus is “The Word” mentioned by John. That He God incarnate, God in the flesh. That he came to earth to purify individuals of their sins.
The Apostle Paul states,
“You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.  
Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die.  
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 
Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him!” Romans 5:6-9
What Christians believe I know in some circles is controversial but it is what we believe. It is what we ask the people of the world to believe.
 The apostles creed while not written by an apostle of Jesus expresses what Christians ask people to believe it states,
I believe in God the Father the almighty maker of heaven and earth
I believe in Jesus Christ God’s one and only Son, our Lord and Saviour.
I believe Jesus was conceived by the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary
I believe Jesus suffered under Pontius Pilate; 
That He was Crucified, died, was buried. That he descended in hell.
 I believe He rose again on the third day from the dead.
I believe that he ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father almighty.
I believe Jesus will one day Judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Ghost
I believe in the Church which is the communion of the saints,
I believe in the forgiveness of sin.
I believe in the resurrection of the body.
I believe in life everlasting. 
As I write this it is Easter. It is one of the holiest date on the Christian calendar. The weekend when Christians celebrate the death burial and resurrection of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
A time for Christians to celebrate our faith. For we as Christians believe that while Jesus died on the cross. That he was buried, and descended into hell. He did not stay their. Instead he rose from the dead walked briefly on this earth and ascended into heaven. From where he will judge the world.
The question however is not what I as a Christian believe. It is what you the reader believe.
I believe that if I am wrong in my beliefs I have nothing to fear for I would have lived a good and interesting life.
That being said if I am right those who do not agree with me have a great deal to fear.
C. S. Lewis once wrote,
“Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.” C. S. Lewis.
It is so important to my mind that what you believe about Jesus, I believe has eternal consequences.
Please take some time to read at least the New Testament, and even if you are sceptical, pray and ask God to show you the truth.
Please think about it.

No comments: