Friday 4 August 2017

Proclaim God's Salvation

Proclaim God’s Salvation
The Psalmist writes,
“Sing to the LORD a new song;
 sing to the LORD, all the earth. 
Sing to the LORD,
 praise his name; 
proclaim his salvation day after day. 
Declare his glory among the nations, 
his marvelous deeds among all peoples. 
                                                     Psalm 96:1-3.
The Psalmist tells us to sing a new song, to sing to the Lord, to praise is name, to proclaim his salvation day after day. To declare His glory among the nations.
Such a thing can seem an intimidating thing to do in our western world. It can be hard to bring up your faith to the people around you. Yet it is our duty as believers in Christ.
The key is to be yourself. Don’t try to be self-righteous or super spiritual. Be you, with all your attributes and flaws. I’ve found people are more receptive to hearing the gospel message if they see you as an ordinary person who sincerely loves God.
I believe if we do this God will open doors for you to tell of his love. All you have to be is  willing.
For me one unexpected way was by wearing a tee shirt.
My family not knowing what to get me for Christmas, decided that since I liked tee shirts with slogans on them to get me some with Christian saying on them.
One in particular has in large words in the front “Jesus Washed my sins away”. That simple message has opened more discussions for me than I ever thought possible.
Christians upon seeing it say they like it. Non Christians I interact with ask me what it means. Or in some instances say “O you’re one of those”.
To which I ask them “one of what? Someone who believes in the saving grace of God through Jesus Christ? If so your right. Do you?”
It takes people off guard, and quite often opens doors for me to tell them more about Jesus.
I know wearing a tee shirt with a Christian message on them is not for everyone but it works for me.
The key is never think you cannot be an effective witness for God because you can. One piece of simple Advice comes from the Apostle Peter who says,
“Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul.  
Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.” 1 Peter 2:11,12.
Being a follower of Christ is very much a lifestyle we live in front of people every day.
Believe it or not people do see what you are doing. They see your life. They know if you are committed to God or not.
Francis of Assisi reminding us,
“The deeds you do 
may be the only sermon 
some persons will hear today” 
                                        Francis of Assisi.
Please think about it.

No comments: