Thursday 17 August 2017

Your Faith

Your Faith
            The Psalmist wrote,
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. 
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
 He leads me beside quiet waters, 
He restores my soul. 
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. 
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I will fear no evil, 
for you are with me; 
your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. 
You anoint my head with oil; 
my cup overflows. 
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, 
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. 
                                                                            Psalm 23

Do you have complete faith in God?
The writer of Hebrews tells us,
“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for 
and certain of what we do not see.” 
                                                        Hebrews 11:1
Martin Luther King jr. said,
“Faith is taking the first step 
even when you don't see the whole staircase.”
                                                 Martin Luther King, Jr.
Charles Spurgeon wrote,
“To trust God in the light is nothing, 
but to trust Him in the dark—
that is faith.” 
                                             Charles Haddon Spurgeon.
It can be very easy to confess being a Christian in the good times when life is easy and trouble free. However it is a different for many when life becomes difficult. When trouble and persecution come along.
God however requires faith in the bad times as well as the good times. The apostle Paul writing,
“Here is a trustworthy saying:
if we died with him, we will also live with him; 
if we endure, we will also reign with him.
If we disown him, he will also disown us; 
if we are faithless, 
he will remain faithful, 
for he cannot disown himself.
                                          2 Timothy 11-13
Thus the question is do you have complete faith in God?
The writer of Hebrews reminding us,
“And without faith it is impossible to please God, 
because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists 
and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” 
                                                                      Hebrews 11:6
Please think about it.

No comments: