Monday 7 August 2017

Your Wager

Your Wager
The writer of Ecclesiastes notes,
“I denied myself nothing my eyes desired; I refused my heart no pleasure. My heart took delight in all my work, and this was the reward for all my labor. 
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun.” Ecclesiastes 2:10,11.
Atheist claim there is no God. If so what the writer of Ecclesiastes wrote above is true. Everything is meaningless a chasing after the wind.
That being said I am not an atheist and believe they are wrong, God does exist.
Peter John Kreeft Wrote of Atheism,
“Atheism treats people cheaply. Also, it robs death of meaning, and if death has no meaning, how can life ultimately have meaning? Atheism cheapens everything it touches,....”Peter John Kreeft ph.d 
The way I see it Atheist make themselves into god. They make a blanket statement saying God does not exist. However in order to truly know God does not exist one must have been everywhere and know everything. An attribute of God.
Lets be practical here. No person living today knows everything. And no one living today has gone beyond the grave and come back to tell about it. Thus it is impossible for an Atheist to say beyond a reasonable doubt that God does not exist.
The consequences are eternal for both those who believe in God and those who don’t. If someone believes in God and it is ultimately found He does not exist. The Believer in God has nothing to fear in the light of eternity.
If on the other hand one does not believe God exist and he does exist, the non-believer has a great deal to worry about.
I like what Blaise Pascal wrote,
“Belief is a wise wager. Granted that faith cannot be proved, what harm will come to you if you gamble on its truth and it proves false? If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing. Wager, then, without hesitation, that He exists.” Blaise Pascal
As for me personally I have placed my wager and gone all in that God exists. I believe the writer of Ecclesiastes who finally come to the conclusion,
“Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole  duty  of man. 
For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil.”Ecclesiastes 12:13,14 .
Please think about it.

No comments: