Friday 1 December 2017

Claims to be God

Claims to be God
The Apostle John’s gospel records,
“The Jews gathered around him, saying, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.” 
Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father’s name speak for me, but you do not believe because you are not my sheep.  
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.  
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.  
My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.  
I and the Father are one.”
Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?
“We are not stoning you for any of these,” replied the Jews, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”  John 10:24-33.
There are many in the world today who say Jesus is not God. That he was a good man, a great teacher but he is not God.
The apostle John however testifies in his writings that Jesus is God. Over and over again he quotes Jesus as claiming to be either the Son of God or that He and God the Father are one.
The above quote is a prime example of this. Jesus says,
“I and my Father are one”
Thus the way I see it, those who would read what the apostle John wrote about Jesus have several options.
1/ They can say John is misrepresenting Jesus. That he is lying about Jesus’ claim to be one with God the Father. Which if true is a monumental lie of historic proportions, because John then would have misled billions of believers in Christ throughout history.
2/ The reader can conclude that John reported what he heard Jesus say about himself correctly. If so then Jesus is a fraud who has misled billions throughout history.
3/ The reader can conclude that what John is saying is the truth and Jesus is the Son of God, God Incarnate, the Saviour of mankind.
If then the third option is true then reader has no option other than to bow down and worship him as Saviour and Lord.
The choice dear reader is up to you.
Please think about it.

No comments: