Friday 29 December 2017

He Knit me

He knit me

The Psalmist writes,
“For you created my inmost being;
 You knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
I praise You 
because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 
Your works are wonderful, 
I know that full well. 
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. 
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, 
Your eyes saw my unformed body. 
All the days ordained for me were written in Your book 
before one of them came to be.” 
                                                      Psalm 139:13-16.
This portion of scripture is one I love. It tells be that God. The Creator of Heaven and Earth knows me intimately.
He knew me in my mother’s womb.
This scripture tells me he knows the very DNA that makes me what I am. For that I praise God!
For that I can cry out like the Psalmist when he said,
Praise the LORD. 
Praise God in is sanctuary; 
praise him in his mighty heavens. 
Praise him for his acts of power; 
praise him for his surpassing greatness. 
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, 
praise him with the harp and lyre, 
praise him with tambourine and dancing, 
praise him with the strings and flute, 
praise him with the clash of cymbals, 
praise him with resounding cymbals. 
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. 
Praise the LORD. 
                             Psalm 150
As I write this New Years Eve is but a few days away here in Canada. And as I look back on the old year I can praise God for taking me through both the good times and the bad.
Can you?
Please think about it.

No comments: