Wednesday 30 December 2020

The Absence of Love

  The absence of Love

The apostle Paul writes,

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.  

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.  

If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing."1 Corinthians 13:1-3.

Some say "if God created everything, then He created evil, which means God is evil.”

Not so. God set down some basic rules to live by as noted in the ten commandments. At the same time God gave each individual the freedom to do as they wish. Which means they have the freedom to follow what God commanded or not to follow what God commanded. 

Here is something Albert Einstein said about evil,

“Does cold exist?

In fact, cold does not exist. According to the laws of Physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat.

Does darkness exist?

Darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light.  Light we can study, but not darkness.

Evil does not exist. It is just like darkness and cold. God did not create evil.

Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart.”Albert Einstein.

Please think about it.

No comments: