Monday 22 March 2021

Are you willing?

  Are you willing?

“Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.  

For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it.  

What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?  

Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?  

If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.” Mark 8:34-38

Are you willing to follow Jesus? Be careful how you answer that question. 

Jesus makes it clear what is expected of a true follower of him. In the words of Jesus, “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.”

Now that may not mean we will suffer for believing in Jesus but in may. There are millions of believers in Christ Jesus around the world today that are being persecuted, physically attacked, having their homes destroyed, put in jail and even murdered. All because they believe in Christ Jesus.

What amazes me about those persecuted Christians is that they continue to believe despite living in areas where they could suffer and die for believing. They are not ashamed of the being associated with Jesus. They are an example to all of us who live in freedom in the western democracies.

If you are reading this blog and live in the western democracies ask yourself, Am I willing to take up my cross and follow Jesus? Am I willing to suffer and possibly die for Jesus sake?

Please think about it.

Post script.

If you are a believer in Christ Jesus, remember those brothers and sisters in the Lord, who are suffering persecution. Brothers and sisters in the Lord  who live in dangerous neighbourhoods where being a Christian can get you beaten up, kidnapped, or tortured.  Brothers and sisters who are in prison and labour camps around the world for simply following Christ Jesus.

No comments: