Friday 19 March 2021

The way I see it.

  The way I see it.

The Bible opens with the statement,

“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” Genesis 1:1.

It does not open the existence of God for debate it simply states there is a God who created the heavens and the earth.

The way I see things is we can either believe in God or not believe in God. There is no middle ground.

Admittedly to believe in God takes an act of faith because we cannot see God. But believe we must. The writer of the book of Hebrews telling us,

“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” Hebrews 11:6.

The way I see it God asks us to have faith that He exists because having faith in anything particularly something or someone you cannot see is very hard for most people.

It is doubly hard I think for people to believe in a God who “seemingly” has been silent for several millennium. 

That being said the true believer longs to see God. As the psalmist puts it,

 “I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.” Psalm 130:5  

Do you believe in God?

Please think about it.

No comments: