Saturday 20 March 2021

The Christian Pledge

  The Christian Pledge

For sometime I have watched with disgust men and women particularly during the recent American election demeaning others, yelling racial slurs, and openly lying about those who oppose them. 

What makes it worse for me is that men and women calling themselves Christians. Some calling themselves Christian leaders, have supported those who have done this. 

Not only that in the time since the U. S. election I have not heard of one Christian leaders or other Christian apologizing for those negative actions. Actions that are far from the Christian ethic of love and peace.

Thus I wrote the following I’m simply calling “The Christian Pledge”, hoping at least in a small way it would help Christians think about their obligation as believers in Christ Jesus.

Jesus said,

“So in everything, do to others 

what you would have others do to you

for this sums up the law and the prophets.” 

                                                              Matthew 7:12.

Thus as a believer in Christ Jesus,

I pledge...

To Love.


I Pledge...

As far as it depends on me...

To live at peace with all people.


I Pledge...

Never, Never, Never! To attack anyone...

Physically, or verbally.

Even if I vehemently disagree with them in any way.


I Pledge...

Never to demean anyone.

No matter their race, their ethnicity, 

their religion, or their lifestyle.


I Pledge...

As far as humanly possible,

To uphold the dignity of all whom I come in contact with.


I Pledge...

To obey the words of Christ Jesus who said,

“So in everything, do to others what you would have others do to you

for this sums up the law and the prophets.” Matthew 7:12.

Please don’t just think about it. Do it!

No comments: