Tuesday 27 July 2021

Are you nothing?

  Are you nothing?

The apostle Paul writes,

“If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.  

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.  

If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.”1 Corinthians 13:1-3.

In my previous blog post I wrote about the apostle Pauls definition of Christian love. To my way of thinking if you cannot show love to those around you there is something wrong with you. 

This is especially true if you claim to be a Christian. You cannot be a Christian and hate another human being. You cannot be a Christian if you are not showing unconditional love to those around you.

Jesus when asked,

 "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 

Jesus replied: " ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'  

This is the first and greatest commandment. 

And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.'  

All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." Matthew 22:36-40.

So the question becomes, especially if you claim to be a Christian; are you showing Gods unconditional love to those around you, family, friend, and foe alike? Or are you as the apostle Paul states, “nothing”

Please think about it.

No comments: