Friday 1 October 2021

Tell

  Tell

Jesus after healing the demon possessed man in Mark 5:1-20 said to him,

"Go home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you." Mark 5:9.

I think it is important here to note Jesus told the man to go and tell his family what the Lord as done for him.

I firmly believe that we should never force what we believe on others. I am very much against the so called “hell fire and brimstone” preachers. I think it accomplishes little. After all if someone doesn’t believe in God, they probably don’t believe in hell, therefore they will not be afraid of hell.

I think the best way to evangelize people is to present the gospel in a respectful manner. Meeting a person where they are at. Listening to what they have to say, then telling them, what The Lord has done for you.

This is what the apostle Paul did we see it when he is before king Agrippa (acts 26) and when he speaks to in Athens (acts 17).

In Acts 17 we know that at least some who listened to him came to know the Lord.

For anyone reading this who is not a Christian a believer in Christ Jesus. The following, known as the apostles creed, while not written by an apostle of Christ is in a nutshell what I believe. I put it hear for you to consider.


1.I believe in God the Father the almighty maker of heaven and earth

2. I believe in Jesus Christ God's on and only Son, our Lord and Saviour.

3. I believe Jesus was conceived by the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary

4. I believe Jesus suffered under Pontius Pilate; That He was Crucified, died, was buried. That he descended in hell.

5. I believe He rose again on the third day from the dead.

6. I believe that he ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father almighty.

7. I believe Jesus will one day Judge the living and the dead.

8. I believe in the Holy Ghost

9. I believe in the Church which is the communion of the saints,

10. I believe in the forgiveness of sin.

11. I believe in the resurrection of the body.

12. I believe in life everlasting.

If you wish to know more about Jesus I would ask you to take time to read the New Testament. It tells what those who knew Jesus personally, and the first century church believed about Jesus.

Please at least think about it.

No comments: