Thursday 21 April 2022

In Prison and Mistreated

  In prison and mistreated

The Psalmist writes,

“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 

I will fear no evil, 

for you are with me; 

your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” 

                                                                     Psalm 23:4.

I live in North America where we have freedoms the likes of which most of the world can only dream of. Fortunately I have never faced persecution for what I believe. Sadly however millions of Christians around the world face physical violence, being sentenced to jail, or even torture and death for believing in Christ Jesus.

Yet despite all the suffering these believers in Christ go through. I still hear. “I love Jesus.” “I will not turn away from Him” 

They even pray for the salvation of their persecutors.

These believers in Christ Jesus deserve to be in our prayers each day.

The writer of Hebrews states,

"Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering." Hebrews 13:3.

We may not know who these persecuted are by name but we can pray for them.

Please if you consider yourself a true believer in Christ Jesus pray for those brothers and sisters who are suffering for Christs sake.

Please don’t just think about it...

Do it.

No comments: