Friday 1 April 2022

It's time

  It’s time

Jesus said,

"In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16.

What is your light telling others about you? About God?

Are people seeing your good deeds or are they seeing something negative?

Over the years I’ve been a believer in Christ Jesus I’ve heard again and again non-believers say, “I’ve seen what those Christians do. And I’m at least as good as them and even better.”

Mahatma Gandhi said,

“Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians - 

you are not like him.”

                                       Mahatma Gandhi.

When I hear things like this I firmly believe that the people whom Gandhi and others are seeing are Christians in name only. They are not following the teaching of Christ.

Jesus even said,

"Many will say to me  on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'  

Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'" Matthew 7:22,23.

Sadly many who claim to be Christians are not. Equally sadly they are bringing the name of Christ into disrepute because of their words and deeds.

It’s time for true Christians true believers in Christ Jesus to stand up to those who call themselves Christians but are not. It’s time to as the apostle Paul said,

"What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?  God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you." 1 Corinthians 5:12,13.

Please think about it.

No comments: