Saturday 13 April 2024

You'll be treated the same way

 You'll be treated the same way

Luke’s Gospel records this incident between Jesus and a rich man,

“A certain ruler asked him, "Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?" 

"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone.  

You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.''" 

"All these I have kept since I was a boy," he said. 

When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." 

When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was a man of great wealth.” Luke 18:23. 

The message here is simple. Anyone wishing to become a Christian must be willing to give everything up for Christ.

Jesus never promised us riches or an easy life. He simply offered us eternal life with Him in heaven after this life is over.

In fact Jesus said,

"Remember the words I spoke to you: ‘No servant is greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also." John 15:20.

      When becoming a Christian one must remember that they will be treated in the same way the world treated Jesus

Please think about it. 

No comments: