Monday 1 April 2024

A Call to tell the world

A Call to Tell the World

Jesus said to His disciples and through them to us,

"Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:18-20.

As Christians we have a duty to Christ to go into all the world, be that world our neighbourhood, the nation we live in, or somewhere else in the world, and tell people about Jesus.

I believe the way we should be doing this is by presenting the gospel message in love. By saying “this is what I as a Christian believe. I leave it up to you as an individual to believe what I am saying, or not.

We must never force our faith on anyone. For a good example of how to present the gospel all we need to do is look at what the apostle Paul did in Athens a city filled with temples to a myriad of gods. 

Acts 17:17-31 shows Paul speaking at the Areopagus at the request of non-Christian Epicurean and Stoic philosophers.

Paul didn’t say I am right and you are wrong. He simply presented the gospel message and let them decide.

If you consider yourself to be a Christian take some time to study Pauls address to the Athenians to see how you can present the gospel message better.

Please think about it. 

No comments: