Friday 26 July 2024

We are grass

 We are all grass

    "A voice says, "Cry out." And I said, "What shall I cry?" 

"All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field. 

The grass withers and the flowers fall, because the breath of the LORD blows on them. Surely the people are grass. 

The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:6-8.

We are fragile even if we are in good health are bodies are fragile. A simple fall as we walk along the road can kill us.

All of our institutions everything man has created is fragile. Just take a look Pompeii everything gone in an instant when a volcano erupted. The grandeur of one of the greatest civilizations in history, Rome. Nothing more than ruins. 

Governments and institutions of every kind have faded into obscurity.

Yet through it all God’s word is still standing.

Also still there the call to people everywhere that God loves them. Jesus speaking of Himself saying,

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  

For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30.

Have you put your trust in God? Do you believe Jesus when he said,

“Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”  John 14:6?

Please think about it.

No comments: