Friday 8 August 2014

A Cry of Deliverance

A Cry of Deliverance

“O LORD, I call to you; come quickly to me. Hear my voice when I call to you. 
May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice. 
Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips. 
Let not my heart be drawn to what is evil, to take part in wicked deeds with men who are evildoers; let me not eat of their delicacies.” 
                                              Psalm 141:1-4.
Here is something we all need to do from time to time. Call on the name of the Lord to keep us from sinning through day to day things of life.
We need to pray, pray, pray. We need to lift our hands to God in surrender and ask him to keep us from the temptations around us.
I like what the Psalmist says,
“Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips. 
Let not my heart be drawn to what is evil, to take part in wicked deeds with men who are evildoers; let me not eat of their delicacies.”
As Christians we can easily be drawn into evil without really realizing it. A classic example is when we think we are doing good yet we are judging people.
Jesus told us not to judge.
Another way is when we fail to love and show love to our enemies.
There are time in our life when we need to guard our mouths.
Times when we see things in the world that are against everything we believe as Christians, yet are perfectly legal in the secular world.
We want to cry out against such things but we should not. Paul reminds us,
“What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?  
God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked man from among you.” 
                                                                                     1Corinthians 5:12,13.
Sometimes being a Christian means just remaining silent and asking God to help you to not sin despite everything that is going on around you.
Think about it.

No comments: