Thursday 7 August 2014

I Thank God

I Thank God
“I thank my God every time I remember you.  
In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy  because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now,  being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus"
                                                                 Philippians 1:3-6
Here’s a question to Christians. Could your pastor say to you what Paul is saying here to the Philippians?
Is the work of God has started in you when you were saved still continuing on? Are you serving the Lord to the best of your ability?
Or
Do you put things of the world above the things of God.
Yes I know we have to work. I know we from time to time have to work over time. But where are you priorities?
We live in a 24/7 world.
I know of one family that hardly have enough time to eat. They get home from work and school between four and five. By six they are out of the door going to dance classes, hockey games, music lessons even acting lessons.
While they claim to be Christians, and I don’t doubt that they are, they are hardly at church.
Their kids do attend Sunday School or junior Church but that’s about all. The parents hardly ever attend a mid week Bible study or prayer meeting.
They do attend church on Sunday morning but their priorities are definitely serving the Lord fully.
Now there’s nothing wrong with dance lessons, hockey, music lesson, or anything that gives children and adults a good rounded life.
The problem comes when one is pulled away from God.
All to many Christians today are pulled away from God’s work by the World. This should not be.
I have always taken the stance that my life and lifestyle starts with God. I go to church and help around the church the best I can.
My children as they were growing up were encourage to go to church functions first and other things second.
It must have worked because my now adult Children spend a great deal of their time at church when they are not at work.
Further more it is not a hardship for them. They delight in serving the Lord and that is what counts.
So are you working for the Lord. Could your pastor say as Paul did to the
“I thank my God every time I remember you.  
In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy  because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now,  being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus"
                                                               Philippians 1:3-6
Think about it.

No comments: