Saturday 23 August 2014

The Argument for Christ

The Argument for Christ
“You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.  
Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die.  
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” 
Romans 5:6-8
The whole thing with our faith in Christ boils down to this statement:
“But God demonstrates His own love toward us,in that while we were still sinners,
Christ died for us.”
God reached down to man by sending His Son Jesus Christ.  We are justified before God by our faith in Christ Jesus, because He died for our sins.
Paul in the book of Ephesians puts it this way:
“For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves;
it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.” 
                                                           Ephesians 2:8,9
We cannot work our way to heaven.  Salvation is a free gift.  All we have to do is,
 Admit that we are a sinner, that we have done things wrong. That we have fallen short of God’s ideals.  Believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that He died for our sins.
Then ask Christ into our life.
Your salvation is between you and God.  Only you and He know if you truly believe.
Something to think about:
Many go to church all their lives out of habit or duty, or because its socially acceptable, or their friends go, or because their parents went or simply because they feel it’s the right thing to do once a week.
Many of those same people are not sure if they were to die today, if they would go to heaven. Are you one of those people?
If so why not pray this prayer,
Dear Heavenly Father
I believe Jesus Christ is your one and only Son. That he came to earth to die for my sins. 
I know that I am a sinner. That I fall short of what you want of me. 
Please forgive the wrong I have done and come into my life. 
To day I give you permission to work in my life. To show me what it is to love and serve you.
I pray this in the name of your son Jesus Christ.
                                                       Amen.
Remember it is not the prayer that saved you but your act of faith in praying it. Your act of accepting by faith Christ’s atoning death on the cross for your sins saves you.
Think about it.

No comments: