Monday 28 March 2016

A Walk of Faith

A walk of Faith
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” 
                                                                                  Proverbs 3:5,6.
Over the years I’ve had a lot of things happen to me, good and bad. During the good times I didn’t think much about what was happening and why it was happening. I just enjoyed it and thanked God for the good times.
When I was going through the bad times that was another thing. I questioned God, why? When I got cancer I had no real fear of dying. I knew were I would spend eternity still I asked God, why?
Then several weeks later with the cancer operation being called a success when I developed blood clots on my lungs as a result of the cancer operation, that all most killed me I asked God, why?
I prayed a lot during that time and the answer came down to “trust Me, have faith in Me”. Sometimes in life that’s all a believer can do.
Paul writing to the Romans wrote,
“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” 
                                              Romans 8:28
We as Christians need to remember that bad things do happen to good people in this life why we may never know. They just seem to happen. The key is to keep our faith in God.
While I was in the hospital with the blood clots. While I never went out of my way to tell people about Christ,  I was able to talk with a few people about God. People noticed my reading the Bible and made positive comments.
I hope that I planted a few seeds during that time.
At the same time however my faith was strengthened. I knew God had more for me to do in this life and time has shown that to be true.
There’s a famous poem called Foot prints it goes like this,
“One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD. 
Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD.
When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life:
This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it. “LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you’d walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don’t understand why when I needed you most you would leave me.”
The LORD replied, “My precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.” 
      Author unknown
While this poem may not be scripture it is true. If we truly have faith in God, faith in Christ, He will carry us through the bad times in our lives.
We may not know why we go through such times, or why God lets us go through them but if we trust God, He will deliver us safely through to the other side.
As the writer of Proverbs states,
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” 
                                                                                                    Proverbs 3:5,6.
Faith is the key thing in a Christians life. The writer of Hebrews states,
“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” 
                                                                                                                         Hebrews 11:1
“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”
                                                                                                    Hebrews 11:6.
As Christians we know we have a reward waiting for us in Heaven the key is keeping our faith in God, in the good times and in the bad.
Please think about it.

No comments: