Tuesday 8 March 2016

Faith

Faith

“Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him; I will surely defend my ways to his face.” 
                                                                                                                                    Job 13:15.
The above statement by Job is if you think about it very strong.
Job states even if God kills him, he will stand before God and defend his life to the face of God.
Think about it a man willing to stand up to almighty God and say to him I followed your rules. I had faith in you through all that happened to me.
That is some faith!
Do you have that kind of faith. Is your faith fully in God? Could you make the same statement to God.
The writer of Hebrews states,
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” 
                                                                                                                       Hebrews 11:1
“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”                                                                                                                                                 Hebrews 11:6.
Our faith must be completely in God. It must be as unwavering as humanly possible.
Someone once told me “of all the things man is called to do having faith in someone or something is the hardest.”
It is doubly hard when it comes to God because we cannot see Him but we are asked to have hope in Him.
That I believe is why God wants us to exercise faith. If we truly have faith in him then He can be certain that we are committed to Him.
Please think about it. 

No comments: