Monday 7 March 2016

Awake

Awake

“My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; 
I will sing and make music. 
Awake, my soul! 
Awake, harp and lyre! 
I will awaken the dawn. 
I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; 
I will sing of you among the peoples. 
For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; 
your faithfulness reaches to the skies. 
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; 
let your glory be over all the earth.” 
                                                                                  Psalm 57:7-11.
As Christian this should be our call. We should be praising the Lord. We should be declaring God’s name through all the earth.
Matthew’s Gospel records,
“Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” 
                                                Matthew 28:18-20.
As Christians we should be presenting the gospel of Christ every day of our lives even if we don’t say a word. I like what Francis of Assisi said,
“Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words.”
                                                                                             Francis of Assisi. 
Our life and lifestyle should not be a religious copy of the world. Our life should at all times be reflecting the Love of Christ.
Billy Graham said,
“Make sure of your commitment to Jesus Christ, and seek to follow Him every day. Don't be swayed by the false values and goals of this world, but put Christ and His will first in everything you do.”
      Billy Graham 
The writer of Hebrews said,
“Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.” 
Hebrews 12:14
So Christian are you putting Christ first in your life?
When people see you life do they see Christ reflected in it?
There is a prayer that I am use to saying especially when I work. It’s not magical but it asks God to help me and reminds me that my life should reflect God. The prayer simply states,
Dear Heavenly Father
Guide and direct my life this day. Be with me in all I do.
And may those I meet see you reflected in me.
            In Jesus name I pray.
                         Amen.
Dear Christian please think about your commitment to Christ this day.

No comments: