Thursday 3 March 2016

"He" Shows

"He" shows

C. S. Lewis speaking about Jesus said,
“He shows much more of Himself to some people than to others-not because He has favourites, but because it is impossible for Him to show Himself to a man whose whole mind and character are in the wrong condition.” 
                                                 C.S.Lewis.
Over the years I’ve had people say to me, “Why doesn’t God show Himself to me?”
One look at their life tells me their mind is closed or they have a preconceived idea of how God should show Himself.
Many people have made up their mind that God dose not exist and adamantly maintain that position their whole life. What they say is “They are right and believers in God are wrong”
To argue with such a person is futile.
Still it is their right to believe what they wish.
To say God does not exist however is quite a statement.
It means first of all that the person believes they know everything. That they have faith that they are right and the majority of people that have ever lived or are living today are wrong.
That people of faith are living a lie. That people of faith are under a mass delusion.
Think about it there are about three billion Christians on the earth, several billion Muslims, millions of Jews and Hindus not to mention all the other faith groups all of whom believe in God.
Are these people truly deluded?
As a Christian I have a distinct set of beliefs that say God exists and that He entered the physical world, the world He created in the form of His One and Only Son Jesus Christ to reconcile each person to Himself.
That is my belief. That however aside all of the other faith groups in the world recognize there is a God. The majority of the people in the world believe in an after life and God. Are we all as one prominent atheist stated “to be considered insane?”
I cannot believe that. It just doesn’t make sense.
The Psalmist states,
“The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. 
Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. 
There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.” 
                                                                                               Psalm 19:1-3.
The universe from the largest galaxies to the smallest subatomic particle are in such prefect alignment as to allow life to exist here on Earth. This cannot be simply by chance.
   If there is no God and a life after this, then life is in my opinion meaningless.
The writer of Ecclesiastes states,
“I denied myself nothing my eyes desired; I refused my heart no pleasure. My heart took delight in all my work, and this was the reward for all my labor. 
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun.” 
                                                                                                      Ecclesiastes 2:10,11.
If we are simply on this earth for but a short time. Just long enough to collect a few bangles bobbles and beads. Just long enough to do a few works then what’s the point.
I truly believe man is an eternal being that he will one day stand before God. As Ecclesiastes states,
“Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole  duty  of man. 
For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil.”
Ecclesiastes 12:13,14 
I as a Christian believe that Jesus is the way to heaven and eternal life with God. I believe Jesus when He states,
“Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” 
       John 14:6
I believe the apostle Paul who wrote,
“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—  not by works, so that no one can boast.”
                                                                 Ephesians 2:8,9.
I believe the writer of Hebrews who said,
“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” 
Hebrews 11:1
“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”
                                                                                    Hebrews 11:6.
If as Atheist say I am wrong then I have nothing to fear for I have lived a good and rewarding life.
If I am right in my beliefs which I am sure I am, then Atheist have a lot to fear.
The American Evangelist Tony Campolo wrote,
“When you were born, you cried and everybody else was happy. The only question that matters is this - when you die, will you be happy when everybody else is crying?”
                                                                                                   Tony Campolo.
Thus my question is. “Are you sure of your beliefs?”
Please think about it. 

No comments: