Wednesday 16 March 2016

Creation points the way

Creation points the way

The Psalmist writes,
“The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. 
Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. 
There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.” 
                                                                                               Psalm 19:1-3
The minute detail of the visible world, the minute detail of the subatomic world, the minute detail of the universe points to God the creator.
I am a creationist. I believe God created the universe and everything in it. I do not care how he created the universe. Whether He used the big bang and billions of years, or He completed His work in six twenty-four hour days. The God I serve is an almighty God who could have done it either way.
How God created the universe however does not affect my faith. I believe God exists period.
I know I cannot see God. I was not living when Jesus walked the earth. However I have faith that God is real and the teachings of Jesus and the apostles are true.
I know in this information filled world, it may seem odd that someone would have faith in something they don’t see but scientist do it all the time.
A scientist looks around him or her and says because they see certain thing then other things must exist. The classic example is black holes. Scientist were predicting the existence of black holes long before they were seen. They had faith that they existed.
Likewise I have faith God exists because I see a world, a universe that is in perfect harmony. So perfect scientist can come up with mathematical formulas that can be used to predict everything from those black holes, to the existence of subatomic particles to something as mundane as when a leap year will fall.
The universe we live in I’ve been told is so fine tuned that it allows life to exist as we know it on this planet. All of this to me tells me there is a God.
God however requires one thing from everyone. Faith. God realized that a true follower, someone who is truly committed to Him are the people with true faith.
 The writer of Hebrews states,
“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”
                                                                                                     Hebrews 11:6.
Faith defined as,
“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” 
                                                                                                                        Hebrews 11:1.
No matter how many words I write, or how much I quote from the bible or other works, I will never convince some people that God exists. And I respect those who do not believe in God. That is their right.
I would however ask them to read the Bible, particularly the New Testament. I would ask that they read it for themselves and not rely on what others say about the Bible, be they Christian, those of other faiths or atheist.
I would ask that each person reading this would pick up the Bible and read it asking but one question, “God if you are real show me through the Bible that you are real?”
Please think about it.

No comments: