Monday 30 May 2016

My Shepherd

My Shepherd
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. 
He makes me lie down in green pastures, 
he leads me beside quiet waters, 
he restores my soul. 
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. 
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I will fear no evil, for you are with me; 
your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. 
You anoint my head with oil; 
my cup overflows. 
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, a
nd I will dwell in the house of the LORD
 forever. 
                                                  Psalm 23.
Trusting in the Lord can at times be hard. It takes faith and faith can be the hardest thing to do.
Lets face it you cannot see God. Yet God, through the Bible asks you to believe he exists simply by what you see around you and what you read in the Bible. God asks you to have complete trust in Him.
The writer of Hebrews states,
“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” Hebrews 11:1
The writer goes on to say,
“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” Hebrews 11:6.
I believe God asks us to have faith because he realizes those with true faith are true believers.
Scientist exercise faith all the time. They postulate a theory then do their best to prove it. Many like Albert Einstein had faith that their theories were correct even though they died before they were proven.
So it is with God. He asks that we believe in him through faith. A faith that we would be willing to die for and interestingly enough will be proven to be true upon our death.
Jesus asked this question of Martha
“Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;  and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
“Yes Lord” she told Him, “I believe you are the Christ the Son of God, who was to come into the world,” John 11:25,26.
Do you believe as Martha did?
Is Jesus truly the Shepherd of your life?
Please think about it.

No comments: