Thursday 7 July 2016

Know Peace

Know Peace
“Peace is not the absence of affliction, but the presence of God.”Author Unknown.
Jesus said,
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, 
for I am gentle and humble in heart, 
and you will find rest for your souls.  
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” 
Matthew 11:28-30.
Knowing Jesus as one’s Saviour does indeed give us peace, as anyone who has undergone persecution or health issues can tell you.
Someone once said,
“No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.” Author Unknown.
This is true. I have found it in my life and Christians the world over will tell you they too have found it to be true.
In my life I have undergone many tragedies but through it all God has been there for me. He has indeed been a Rock in times of trouble.
The writer of proverbs writes,
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 
in all your ways acknowledge him,
 and he will make your paths straight.”
Proverbs 3:5,6.
The Psalmist writes
The LORD is my shepherd, 
I shall not be in want. 
He makes me lie down in green pastures, 
He leads me beside quiet waters, 
He restores my soul. 
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. 
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I will fear no evil, for You are with me; 
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. 
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. 
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
 and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. 
                                                                                                    Psalm 23
Never was there a truer statement. With Christ in your life you can go through anything. In Acts chapter sixteen we here of Paul and Silas being dragged before a magistrate. The were beaten then placed into jail. Acts 16:25 records
“About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them.”
They were praying and singing hymns to God despite being in chains in jail, in a very difficult circumstance.
I hope as Christians we never have to be in such a circumstance. Never the less in whatever situation we are in I would hope you as a Christian can sing praises to God.
Please think about it. 

No comments: