Wednesday 27 July 2016

To the Christian

To the Christian
Jesus said,
“Many will say to me  on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we miracle prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’  
Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’” Matthew 7:22,23.
As Christians we need to be careful what we do and how we do it. We should ask ourselves “am I truly doing what God wants me to do, in the way He wants me to do it.”
According to what Jesus says when he returns “Many will say to me  on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?”
Yet Jesus will say “Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!”
As I look around the Christian world here in North America, I see, especially within the evangelical and Pentecostal communities, preachers and evangelist making great claims. If true that is good. If not they run the risk of turning people away from Christ.
Sadly some making these claims will not allow independent verification of the claims especially those pertaining to healings. They claim it’s a private matter.
If a minister of God’s word claims a healing or other miracle then I believe it should be verified by independent sources.
Even in the old Testament if someone claimed to be healed it had to be confirmed by the Priests.
Jesus even told some whom he healed to go to the priests and get it verified as the law stated. Christian leaders should accept nothing less.
Still apart from those who claim the miraculous there are those who come to church work within the church who are not truly saved.
They believe there is a God and they work for Him in there way. But they have not put their faith in God completely. This group includes everyone from the person sitting in the pew to the pastor himself.
As Christians we need to make sure our trust is in the Lord.  That what we say and do brings glory to God.
Over the years I’ve heard many people say I believe in such and such evangelist or pastor. Only to find sadly that the pastor has done things wrong. Such a thing can be devastating to the faith of some people.
I’ve also heard pastors and evangelist say “it is my ministry” “my ministry” cannot do without me. They fail to realize that what they are calling “their ministry” is actually God’s ministry. That God is working through them and can stop using them at any time.
We as Christians must believe the words of the Psalmist who said,
“Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain.” Psalm 127:1.
If you claim to be a Christian take a few minutes to evaluate your work for God. Are you truly doing God’s will or are you doing things your way?
Will you hear God say to you “depart from me” or “Well done thou good and faithful servant?”
Please think about it.

No comments: