Friday 25 June 2021

Are you showing...

  Are you showing...

In the book of Genesis we read,

“So God created man in his own image,

In the image of God he created him;

male and female he created them.” 

                                                      Genesis 1:27.

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” Psalm 139:13-16.

What these two portions of scripture mean to me is that God knows our very genetic make up. That we no matter who we are, we are made in Gods image. That God knows everything about us. As such only He has the power to judge us.

Jesus said,

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.”  Luke 6:37.

The Christian walk is one of love. Jesus when asked,

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 

Jesus replied: " ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 

This is the first and greatest commandment.  

And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.'  

All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments. Matthew 22:36-40.

We will never win a soul for Christ if we judge them. As the late American evangelist Billy Graham stated,

“It is the Holy Spirits Job to Convict, 

God’s job to judge

 and my job to love,” 

                                          Billy Graham.

So the question becomes, if you are a Christian. A believer in Christ Jesus are you showing the unconditional love to those around you?

  Please think about it.

No comments: