Thursday 1 October 2015

Consider this Christian

Consider this Christian

What was His Creed?

What was His creed?
I do not know His creed, I only know
That here below, He walked the common road.
And lifted many a load, lightened the task.
Brightened the day for others toiling on a weary way;
This, His only creed; I do not know His creed.

His creed?  I care not what His creed;
Enough that never yielded He to greed,
But served a brother in his daily need;
Plucked many a thorn and planted many a flower;
Glorified the service of each hour;
Had faith in god, himself, and fellow men;__
Perchance he never thought in terms of creed,
I only know he lived a life, in deed!
                                                                                                    H. N. Fifer.
James wrote,
“What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him?  
Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food.  
If one of you says to him, “Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?  
In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. 
But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.  
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder. 
You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?” 
                                                                                                           James 2:14-20
Francis of Assisi wrote,
“The deeds you do may be the only sermon some persons will hear today” 
                                                                                                              Francis of Assisi.
Dear Christian, please think about it.

No comments: