Thursday 1 October 2015

What will they say of you?

What will they say of you

When I was in my teens I went to see the musical Goodby Mr. Chips. The theme to that musical was called in the morning of my life. It has stayed with me all these years it says,
In the Morning of My Life

In the morning of my life
I will look to the Sunrise
At a moment in my life 
When the world is new.

And the Question
I shall ask only God can answer.
Will I be brave and strong and true,
Will I fill the world with love my whole life through?
Will I fill the world with love my whole life through?

In the evening of my life
I will look to the sunset
At a moment in my life 
When my life is through.

And the question I shall ask only I can answer 
Was I brave and strong and true.
Did I fill the world with love my whole life through?
Did I fill the world with love my whole life through?

                                                                         From the Musical Good by Mr chips.

Love is by far the greatest thing one person can show to another. Jesus when asked,
 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
This is the first and greatest commandment.
And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
                                                                                        Matthew 22:37-40
Francis of Assisi prayed,
“Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love,
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console,
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved, as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive,
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.” 
                                                                                 Francis of Assisi
The apostle Paul wrote,
“Love is patient, love is kind. 
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking,
 it is not easily angered, 
it keeps no record of wrongs. 
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  
It always protects, always trusts,
 always hopes, always perseveres. 
Love never fails....
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. 
But the greatest of these is love.”  
                                                                           1 Corinthians 13:4-8a,13
When you pass from this world will people say that you filled the world with love?
What will God say?
Please think about it.

No comments: