Saturday 31 October 2015

Why I talk about Jesus

Why I talk about Jesus
I believe Jesus like all Christians believe. I believe Jesus when he said,
“The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field. 
“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls.  
When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.” 
                                                                                                         Matthew 13:44-46.
Think about it like this.
If you knew something that could change the life of someone for the better, or something that could save a life, wouldn’t you want to tell people about it?
That is what Christians believe. We believe that a true personal relationship with Jesus Christ can change your life. It can also assure you of where you will spend eternity.
Jesus said,
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.” 
        John 3:16-17
Being a Christian is knowing God the very creator of the universe. The gospel of John stating,
“In the beginning was the Word,(Jesus) and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  
He was with God in the beginning. 
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.  
In him was life, and that life was the light of men....  
He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.  
He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.  
Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—  children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.” 
              John 1:1-4, 10-13.
This is why Christians want to tell everyone about their faith.
Jesus said,
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” 
                                                          Matthew 11:28-30.
From a personal prospective I can testify that to the above statement. I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour when I was nineteen. I’m sixty plus now so I’ve had a life time of experience with respect to knowing what it’s like to follow Jesus.
In my life I have gone through many tragedies. I have survived cancer and I live each day with Bi-polar affective disorder (manic depression) along with an anxiety disorder, something that at times has drove me to the point of suicide.
I firmly believe that it is because of my personal relationship with Jesus that I have not committed suicide.
Jesus has been their for me through my darkest hours. I
I remember when I got the diagnosis for my cancer praying and asking for God’s peace. He answered my prayer and all went well.
A few weeks later as a side effect of the operation I was rushed to the hospital with blood clots on my lungs that almost killed me. Again I turned it all over the Jesus. Again I had a peace that passed understanding.
And remember through all of this I still had the Bi-polar disorder and the anxiety disorder that magnifies the worry, yet Jesus gave me peace.
I do not believe in forcing my faith on anyone. God gave everyone freedom of choice. That means they have the right to believe in Him and believe Jesus is the Son of God the Saviour of mankind, or not to believe.
The choice is yours. I can only say Jesus has had a profound effect on my life no matter the circumstance.
I leave the choice to accept Jesus into your life up to you.
Please think about it.

No comments: