Sunday 11 October 2015

Thanksgiving,

Thanksgiving

“Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name;
 make known among the nations what he has done. 
Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. 
Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice. 
Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. 
Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced,...”                                                                                                                    1 Chronicles 16:8-12 
Here David is singing praises because the Ark of the Covenant has been returned. He thanking God, praising Him and calling on the Israelites to praise God also. Verse fifteen even says David danced he was that happy.
Here in Canada October 11th is Thanksgiving Sunday and we have a lot to be thankful for.
We have freedom to worship, freedom of speech we have freedom to be who we are.
Canada is truly multicultural. In the small city where I live we have every ethnic and religious group one can imagine living in harmony. Such groups can even have open and honest discussions with one another with our fear. Such is the freedoms we enjoy.
 Canada is a great country to live in. While my wife and family were born here, I came by choice and have fallen in love with it.
God has truly blessed Canada and I praise him for brining me here.
Apart from that I can praise God for all He has done in my life. For getting me through everything from a house fire to cancer to blood clots on my lungs that almost killed me, to living with Bi-polar disorder and dozens of other minor things I have long forgotten about.
I can thank him for all he has provided me with. While I may not be rich my needs are met and I haven’t gone hungry.
I have a wonderful family and friends most of whom will be celebrating thanksgiving with us as you read this.
I think at this thanksgiving time we need to look to God and thank him for all we have.
The psalmist wrote,
“Praise the LORD. 
Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens. 
Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness. 
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre, 
praise him with tambourine and dancing, praise him with the strings and flute, 
praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals. 
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. 
Praise the LORD.” 
                                                                                       Psalm 150
Think about it.

No comments: