Sunday 4 October 2015

Life is a Football Match

Life is a Football match

Jesus said,
“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” 
              John10:10.
Many non-Christians think Christianity is a lot of do’s and don’t’s. Rules and regulations you must follow, that make it impossible to have fun. Nothing could be further from the fact.
Christianity practised correctly dose not restrict the persons ability to have a happy and enjoyable life.
It is if you will, like a Football match. In order for the players to enjoy the game and perform to their best, there are rules to follow.
The rules give the players their boundaries. This makes for an enjoyable fair game for all.
That is what Christianity is all about. It sets rules that make it possible to live life to the fullest.
Jesus said,
“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” 
           John10:10.
As a Christian for over forty years now I do not feel my faith puts any unnecessary burdens or restrictions on my life. Quite the contrary it shows me how to live a good purpose filled life. A life of hope and joy.
That is why I want to tell the world about my faith.
My life has been far from uneventful I have seen my share of tragedy and pain. Never-the-less I can attest that the word of Jesus are true when he said,
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” 
                                                             Matthew 11:28-30. 
My prayer is that all people everywhere would find the peace and rest for their souls that only Jesus can offer.
That’s why I would ask anyone Christian or not, to read the New Testament and in all honesty ask God to show you His Love and Peace that is there for you.
Please think about it.

No comments: