Thursday 8 October 2015

The Hardest Thing

The hardest thing
“I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in.” 
                        George Washington Carver
The above quote is the truth. Many people do not accept God. They simply dismiss his existence out of hand. They can’t see him so they say he’s not there.
Well I can’t see an atom, a proton or an electron but I know they are there. I can’t see the cricket that chirps outside my office window but I know it’s there. I can’t see the readers of this blog but I know they are there.
I know that all these things exist because I see the effects of them around me. I turn on my light and the atoms, protons and electrons do their thing to light my room. I hear that cricket the sound the cricket makes that seemingly never stops so I know it’s there. Likewise I know from the comments people make that they are reading my blog.
Likewise when it comes to God I look at creation and realize how perfect it is. So perfect it had to have a designer.
All I have to do is be willing to accept this fact and search the Bible to see just how real God is and how much He loves me.
C. S. Lewis said,
“A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word 'darkness' on the walls of his cell.” 
                                                                              C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain
Lewis also said,
“He shows much more of Himself to some people than to others-not because He has favourites, but because it is impossible for Him to show Himself to a man whose whole mind and character are in the wrong condition.” 
                                                 C.S. Lewis.
A man can only see God if he is willing to admit God exists and that takes faith. The writer of Hebrews states,
“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”
                                                                                      Hebrews 11:6
The writer of Hebrews defining faith as,
“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” 
                                                                                                          Hebrews 11:1.
And for most people having faith in anything especially God is the hardest thing to do.
Please think about it.

No comments: