Saturday 11 April 2020

Is not of God

Is not of God
The apostle John writes,
“Whoever does not love
 does not know God, 
because God is love.” 
                        1 John 4:8
In my previous blog I asked if you truly loved. Today I am asking the same question. Do you truly love.
When I was in my teens before I became a Christian I watched a movie musical called good by Mister Chips. It’s theme tune has resinated with me all the years since. It reads,

In the Morning of My Life
                         by Leslie Bricusse 

In the morning of my life
I will look to the Sunrise
At a moment in my life 
When the world is new.

And the Question
I shall ask only God can answer.
Will I be brave and strong and true,
Will I fill the world with love my whole life through?
Will I fill the world with love my whole life through?

In the evening of my life
I will look to the sunset
At a moment in my life 
When my life is through.

And the question I shall ask only I can answer 
Was I brave and strong and true.
Did I fill the world with love my whole life through?
Did I fill the world with love my whole life through?
                                                                   Leslie Bricusse   
At the end of your life will you be able to honestly stand before God and say you filled the world with love your whole life through?
For...
"Whoever does not love
 does not know God, 
because God is love." 
                        1 John 4:8

Please think about it.

No comments: