Friday 16 June 2023

Acceptable

  Acceptable.

The Psalmist writes,

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14.

We need to be concerned about what God thinks about our comments. We need to remember,

"Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body,

 but it makes great boasts. 

Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark."  

                                                                                         James 3:5.

Our words can hurt and I believe God is listening carefully to what we say. Words can raise a person up. At the same time however they can destroy a person. Many people have been pushed to suicide by hurtful words.

That is why we need to be careful about what we say. 

We need to remember what Jesus said,

"So in everything, do to others 

what you would have them do to you, 

for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." 

                                                                      Matthew 7:12.

This is especially true when we speak. We need to be aware of the fact that our words can hurt quite often more than a physical injury.

Take a moment to think about the words you said to others. Do they build up or tear down?

Ask yourself are my words and the meditations of my heart acceptable to God?

Please think about it.

No comments: