Wednesday 14 June 2023

In what or in whom is your faith in?

  In what or in whom is your faith in

In the book of Hebrews we read,

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."  Hebrews 11:1.

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6.

Where is your faith? What do you truly have faith in?

When push comes to shove and you enter into bad times, and we all go through bad times, is the object you have faith in going to help you during those bad times?

One of the worst times in my life was when my wife called me at work to tell me our house had just burned to the ground. 

We were young at the time and had let the insurance laps. Now here we were with nothing to our name.

The only hope we had was in God. 

Now I’m not saying I’m super spiritual, I’m not. But I learned early in life that trusting in God was a good thing. Thus during the two hour drive home I prayed. First thanking Him that my young family were safe. Then asking for His provision.

My faith did not go unrewarded. The fire happened on the Friday morning by Monday morning we were calling people thanking them for all they’d done and asking them to stop giving to us as we had all we needed to start over. The only losses that couldn’t be replaced was some family photos and mementos.

While it was a distressing time. We can look back on it and see that the words of the apostle Paul were true,

"And we know all things work together for good to those who love God to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28.

The result of all that happened was we moved close to where I worked and were able to get involved in a lay ministry at an excellent Church. A church that offered a great deal of opportunity for my young children to grow in The Lord and to serve Him. A Church were my children now in there late thirties, early forties are still serving.

To me all this proved that my trust in God was not unfounded. 

Thus my question to you is where is your faith? Should you go through hard times, would what you put your trust in sustain you during those hard times?

Please think about it.

No comments: