Monday 26 June 2023

Is your life an instrument ?

  Is your life an instrument?

The Psalmist writes,

"I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; before the "gods" I will sing your praise.” Psalm 138:1.

I live in Canada a country with incredible freedoms. It is also like most countries full of “gods”. We in the twenty-first century may not call them gods but they are. 

The way I see it a god can be anything we put our unwavering trust in. 

In Luke’s Gospel we read,

"And he (Jesus) told them this parable: "The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop.  

He thought to himself, ‘What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.' 

"Then he said, ‘This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods.  

And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry." ' 

"But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?' 

"This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God." Luke 12:16-21.

This man in the parable made his possessions his god. He was relying on them to provide for him in the years ahead. They however proved to be an empty god.

On the day he passed from this life all that he had in this world was worthless. 

I believe it is important as a believer in Christ Jesus to openly worship God. That doesn’t mean we should go yelling His name from the roof tops, as good an idea as it might be. Instead however we should be worshipping God in word and deeds.

Francis of Assisi wrote,

"Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love,

Where there is injury, pardon;

Where there is doubt, faith;

Where there is despair, hope;

Where there is darkness, light;

And where there is sadness, joy.


O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek

to be consoled as to console,

to be understood as to understand,

to be loved, as to love.


For it is in giving that we receive,

It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,

and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life." 

                                                                              Francis of Assisi

So is your life an instrument of Gods Love?

Please think about it.

No comments: